Article Why You Should Get an Automatic Pool Cover: 7 Amazing Benefits (#5 will make you smile) By Probuilt Staff May 10, 2022
If you have been thinking of getting an automatic swimming pool cover but haven’t taken the plunge yet, then keep thinking. The benefits of an automatic pool cover are quite generous. Once you discover the first benefit, you will want to know more, and then you will most likely be ready to take advantage of such a wise investment.
What does an automatic swimming pool cover do?
Ok. The answer here is elementary. It covers your pool. However, with an automatic pool cover, you can cover your pool more frequently and enjoy all of the following benefits:
- Safety. At Probuilt Pool & Patio, safety is always at top of mind for us. This applies to everything we do. While an automatic swimming pool cover is not 100% guaranteed in this category, it sure does reduce the odds in your favor. With an automatic pool cover, you have an added layer of protection that can help keep accidents from happening. You can’t put a price tag on that peace of mind.
- Less debris in the pool. Do you dread cleaning your pool? We get it. With an automatic swimming pool cover, you won’t have to clean your pool as often as the cover helps to keep dirt and debris out of the water. Plus, you won’t have to clean the traps and filters as often, either. Another win!
- Less evaporation. Without a cover, your pool will naturally experience evaporation issues. However, an automatic swimming pool cover can greatly reduce that evaporation.
- Retains the heat. When the automatic pool cover is on the pool, more heat is retained in the water. The warmer the water, the more comfortable your swimming experience can be.
- Spend less on energy bills. This one caught your eye, right? Because an automatic swimming pool cover helps retain heat and minimizes filtering, guess what? You will use less power when it comes to maintaining your pool. Score!
- Less chemical usage. With an automatic swimming pool cover, the chemicals in your pool will remain in balance for a longer period of time. (And do you really want to dabble with those chemicals any more than you have to?)
- Pool equipment longevity. Since you are using less energy, your pool equipment is not working harder which means it will last for a longer period of time.
Wow! It seems like a lot of these benefits are aimed at keeping more money in your pocket and more fun and enjoyment at your disposal.
If you have any questions about an automatic swimming pool cover for your backyard pool, let us know. We’re here to help, and we definitely got you covered!